- "BVD's" is an American expression for men's underwear. It comes from the company founded by Bradley, Voorhees & Day.
- The equator passes through 13 countries: Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Sao Tome & Principe, Gabon, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Maldives, Indonesia and Kiribati.
- The Phillips screwdriver was invented in 1934 by Henry F. Phillips.
- Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is 1,178 miles (1,896 km) in long.
- There is no medical name for boogers.
- The white part of your fingernail is called the lunula.Human nails and hair do not grow after death. After you die, your body starts to dry out creating the illusion that your hair and nails are still growing after death.
- Humans eyes have two types of light-sensitive cells in the retina called rods and cones. Rods work best in dim light and can detect motion. Cones are used in bright light to detect color and details.
- VELCRO® brand hook and loop fasteners are named for the French words "velour" and "crochet."
- The capital of Australia is Canberra.
Stupid Facts - Pasta Names__________________________________________________________________
Stupid Facts - Stupid Museums
_____________________________________________________________Here are some of the more obscure museums.
|Bad Art||Dedham, Massachusetts|
|Asphalt||Rohnert Park, California|
|Barbed Wire||Lacrosse, Kansas|
|Bathroom Fixtures||Worcester, Massachusetts|
|Gopher Holes||Torrington, Albert|
|Gourds||Angier, North Carolina|
|KKK and Rednecks||Laurens, South Carolina|
|Mustard||Mount Horeb, Wisconsin|
|Pez Dispensers||Burlingame, California|
|Sandpaper||Two Harbors, Minnesota|
|Sewing Machines||Arlington, Texas|
|Surfing||Santa Cruz, California|
|UFOs||Roswell, New Mexico|
|Vacuum Cleaners||North Canton, Ohio|
|Voodoo||New Orleans, Louisana|
|Whiskey History||Bardstown, Kentucky|
|Wooden Nickels||San Antonio, Texas|
The hottest place in the world is El Azizia, Libya.
The most massive star known is the Pistol Star, which has a mass about 100-150 times that of the Sun.
The Sahara is the largest desert in the world at 3,500,000 square miles.
Russia is the largest country at 17,075,400 square miles.
- Mount Everest in Nepal is the largest mountain at 29,035 feet (8,850 meters).
The area between your nose and mouth with the two vertical lines is called the "philtrum."
Pretzels without salt are called "baldies."
"Pennsylvania" is missing an "n" and thus misspelled on the Liberty Bell.
The Sand Swimmer snake swims through loose sand like water.
The Collared Lizard can run on its two hind legs.
The Road Runner is a bird that can run up to 17 mph.
The Archer Fish spits at bugs up to 6 feet away to knock them into the water to eat.
The Velvet Worm fires lassos of glue up to 3 feet to ensnare insect prey.
The Pistol Shrimp "shoots" water and sound from its pincher to stun its prey.
The Frogfish can expand the volume of its mouth by 12 times in less than six-thousandths of a second, making it one of the fastest feeding vertebrates known to science.
The Chameleon's tongue is longer than its body. Congratulations you are now a fact nerd!